Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The verdict

After yesterday's workout, my knee was hurting and it hurt for the rest of the day...and even after I slept it still hurt this morning. It wasn't any better..maybe worse. So, I went to the Dr.

She said that my knee just wasn't use to the running. She prescribed me some anti inflammatory meds and said I should be healed in 4-6 weeks. Although, after reading the side effects of the meds...I don't really want to take them...scary!

She said to wear a knee brace while working out and that it will help A LOT. I should also run on a flat and even surface. So, the paths that I use should be just fine. If I do a 10k I am thinking about, I will just need to make sure I walk for any uneven parts, where the path keeps changing or if there is an incline or decline. Oh, and she said to take it easier and not run for as long. Very sad that I can't keep going at where I am in the program, but very happy that I don't have to stop!

Oh, and I asked about icing my knee after work outs and she said that would help too. Looks like I have some research to do so I don't have to take the meds.

Side notes...
I've never really had a problem with my blood pressure, but I thought it was AWESOME today...125/65!

No comments:

Post a Comment