Monday, March 14, 2011

Starting week 3! Really???

Really? Have I already started my 3rd week? YAY!

For today's run, we decided that Friday went so well...why not try running for 2 minutes. So we did. We jogged for 2 minutes. walked for 2. ran for 2, walked for 2, etc. It wasn't easy, it gave me a good workout...but it was easier that I ever imagined it would be. I mean, sure it was harder toward the end...but I can do it! The first day, I could barely run for a minutes...here I am running for 2 minutes at a time! I really can't believe it! YAY!

I just looked back at the couch to 5k program..and oops, it doesn't have us doing that for week 3. So, I think for our next workout, we will get back on track and do week 3.

Today I used my new shoes again...and they hurt again. After the work out, I walked around for about 5-10 minutes just to cool down. My feet still hurt after that. However we stayed at the park for a while longer to play with some friends. My feet actually started feeling fine! I then talked to my neighbor...who is a great support and part of my inspiration. She has two brothers who are podiatrist (foot Dr). She was so wonderful and asked them about my feet hurting from the arch support. They recommending doing non impact things (elliptical or stationary bike)...since I don't have access to those, walking around with these shoes on is my best bet. So happy I don't have to return these shoes.

Did I ever mention how excited I am?? Really! I am so excited that I am on my way to be in better shape and so excited to be taking care of my body. Finally, after so many years of growing babies (which I totally love doing) and nursing them....I am able to take the time to get into shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment