Monday, April 4, 2011

Week 3...again

I think this is actually our 6th week of working out, but between missing most of the week during spring break and my knee injury, we haven't actually done a whole week of week 3. So, here we are, trying it again.

We didn't run on Friday. My husband was in the hospital and between playing single parent and all of the emotional stuff, I was just pooped on Friday.

This morning I found myself thinking..."ugg, i don't want to go, I rather just stay at home". This is the day I needed the accountability of actually meeting someone!!...that way I HAVE to go.

My normal workout buddy wasn't there today, but another wonderful lady has decided to join us and we got to run together. We did 3 minutes of running, 3 minutes of walking, 90 seconds of running, 90 seconds of walking...and we did that 2 times. I was a little worried. The last time I did this is when I hurt my knee. We had a great workout. It for sure pushed me further than I thought I could go...but I did it and it felt really good!

I have learned to pace myself more now also, which really helps it seem easier. Sure, I might not go very fast, but I actually run farther, because I don't slow down to a snail's pace because I wore myself out too soon.

I hope the rest of this week goes as well as today did.

No comments:

Post a Comment