Sunday, February 27, 2011

The journey begins

Over the past few months, I have heard people in my ward talking about the Ragnar. A week or two ago I finally looked it up. It's a 200 mile relay race with a team of 12 (so you and 11 friends). I have seen pictures of all the fun that people have. Yes, It looks fun! It takes a day, a night, and a day. Our next door neighbors run it together. I told the wife, Janae that I am thinking about doing it and she is excited for me and is so encouraging!

So....here begins my journey to Ragnar 2012. I can't believe I am purposefully going to be running. I have always hated it. Back in Jr. High we had to run a mile every Friday. Ugg. I still remember it well. I hated it so much....it didn't help that I hated my PE teacher either. I mean, what was I really complaining about? I lived in BEAUTIFUL San Diego, the weather was great, green tress and bushes all around me...I had PE early in the morning and I have many memories of it being foggy. That is like a dream now. If only I could have that much quiet time to be alone and such beautiful weather...aww...I didn't know how good I had it.  But, here I am now, just barely 30 and planning on partaking in a 200 mile relay race in a year. I have a LONG LONG way to go...but the journey starts here. Tomorrow will be my first official day where I get started on that path . I am going to use the Couch25K program to get started and then take it from there. 


I am hoping that by making this blog and my journey public, I will hold myself more accountable. 

2 comments:

  1. Kat that is so great! I love the couch to _K programs! they're so helpful... weird music but helpful! good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome Kat and I am right there with you, I have started walking 2 miles a day and I would love to do the Ragnar also. So keep me posted and I will keep an I on your blog. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete