Monday, February 28, 2011

Blog name and first race

Just thought I would explain my blog name....walking1mile2ragnar2012.
I currently am walking 1 mile a day....getting the kids from school. The first half of the school year I was walking 2 miles a day, but it has been so cold in the mornings that I haven't. I am going to start getting up early again and bundling up and doing it. Oh, and I am going to Ragnar :p I also thought it was a funny play on words.


I have looked for a 5k. I was hoping to do one in May some time, but there are seriously NO 5ks in the area at that time because it is getting so HOT. I did find a race that looks fun though, it isn't until August though. It is called "Beat the Heat Knight 5k run"...and it only cost $18. It is actually a fundraiser for a local high school (well not just ANY local high school...my kids future high school's rival!). It is in the later evening, so it will be nice and cool. Oh, and in case you didn't catch it, the High School's mascot is the Knight. Clever huh?

I've been looking at more races. In October, there is the Komen breast cancer Run (I think it's 5K) that I want to do for sure. I think it would be great to do a 10k for Thanksgiving (you know all those Turkey Trots going on?). Then I found a neat one... It is a 12 K run in December and there are carolers and it looks really neat.

If anyone has any tips or advice or resources or whatever that you would like to share, I would love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment