Monday, February 28, 2011

First workout

This morning we went to the park nearby that has a walking trail. The kids played on the playground and I walked/ran up and down the sidewalk. It was really cute. My 3 yr old didn't understand and thought I was leaving him as I was walking away, even though I explained what I was doing. So, he followed me for a while until he understood. I started and finished the walk with 5 minutes of just walking. I ran for a total of 5 minutes, broken down into 1.5 min. walking, 1 min of running (or jogging rather). I totaled 25 minutes of working out. YAY!
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Not easy, but I think all of the walking I have done really helped prepare me.
Today I get to walk a mile while getting the kids from school. Oh, and I get to do a lot of cleaning. How does the house get so dirty in just 2 days? But you know what? As long as I can listen to Ace of Base and clean, it isn't too bad. ...yes I said that.
Not bad for a day's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment