Friday, June 10, 2011

Finally got back out

At 8am I woke up. I thought, wow, I'm still tired. I was about to go back to sleep, but thought no...I need to get up and go running. This is the last weekday before Stuart starts working again. I need to do what I can now before I will have to drag 6 kids down to do it with me.

Finally at 8:45 I get out the door. It was getting warm already. I walked for about 15 minutes and then did week 3. I did 3 min. run, 3 min. walk, 90 sec run, 3 min walk (which is longer than I should have), 3 minute run, 4 min walk (another one longer than it should have been), and then 90 sec run followed by a lot of walking.

By the 2nd half of the workout, I was getting really pooped. I really had to push myself to go. It was hot and I was tired. 85 degrees at 9am...not cool. Hopefully I can get out earlier next time and that I won't be so exhausted.

Funny little side story. When I run I bring a bottle of water and a book to the park and leave them on the table while I do the running. I read when I walk before and after. Today I put my water on one of the tables. There is grandma at another table talking on the phone and 'watching' 3 grandkids...probably around 2-5 yrs old. I put my water on the table and started walking for my 5 minute warmup walk...while I read of course. As I am approaching the end of the warmup period, I go to get a drink of water. ONLY to discover...it's missing! It wasn't a windy day and there weren't any dogs or cats running around. It could have only been the kids. I had overheard them say something like..."she has water" when I first got there. So, I ask them (while grandma is still on the phone) "Did you take my water" to which they responded "no". Um, ya, I think you did. I didn't say anything and went home and got another water and left it somewhere different while I ran.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be doing another giveaway for the 5 Love languages for children after I finish reading it so be sure to enter.

    ReplyDelete